Thursday 11 November 2010

Reflections on the Everyday: An Anthology

Rough for Front Cover

Philip Larkin: Solar

Philip Larkin: Maturity

Ted Hughes: Crow and the Birds

Ted Hughes: Fulbright Scholars

Sylvia Plath: Edge

Sylvia Plath: The Sleepers

These are my final 6 images, and rough for a front cover, related to the interpretation of text unit. The six images are responses to the poetry of Ted Hughes, Sylvia Plath and Philip Larkin. Despite a slight last minute panic in relation to printing quality I am really pleased with the final outcomes. The development of visual concepts is an area I have always struggled with but the thought provoking nature of poetry meant I had to confront this at an early stage of my designs. I have definitely enjoyed this project a lot more than any of my work last year, the formulation of images seemed to come far more naturally, and hopefully this is reflected in the final outcomes! All in all...yaaaay for Illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment