Saturday, 18 December 2010

just to prove i have been doing something...

These are a few of the designs I have been working on as artwork for the film's website. The initial images were the first ones I sent to the films producer. For some reason I found it really hard to get started despite loving the brief and the imaginative aspects of the narrative. I think it may be due to the fact that this is work for someone else's project, not just uni work...which definitely makes it all the more nerve racking. I felt the first images were too feminine, which was also mentioned in the feedback I received from the producer. He also suggested re-working the image of the shed itself to add more depth, which was really helpful as this definitely gave me more of a direction to pursue. I went to the allotments and took a few photos of some interesting looking sheds as reference points and have developed a few more designs since. I'm still not particularly happy and can't quite work out why, am struggling to create an image that isn't over-crowding the frame. That however is enough photoshop for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment