Thursday 17 December 2009

Dear Father Christmas...a sewing machine would be lovely.








Claire Heathcote-Hannah

These three images are all part of the same piece. I have been doing experimental drawing using stitch. Inspired by the work of Claire Heathcote, I decided to attempt a portrait and am pleased with the outcome. I particularly like the effect of the loose cut threads as they are less controlled and add more movement to the piece. The idea of the paper cut doilies came from admiring an assortment of paper snowflakes in my friends lounge and I'd like to develop this further, it adds detailing effectively and quickly. It took a while before I was happy with the teapot but I eventually decided hand stitching instead of using a machine was the most successful use of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment