After reading an e-mail from the uni asking for help with designing posters for freshers week I decided to give it a go. I'm pretty nervous as I would say this is the first 'real' brief I've put myself forward for, despite the fact that we all recieve e-mails from uni on a regular basis! I am intending on answering a lot more next year as gaining more experience is definitely a must. And I couldnt really have asked for a better brief when it came to the poster (for a Pub Quiz) they requested, 'mixed media' and 'more of an organic illustrative feel than a graphic one'. So fingers crossed...
Sunday, 15 August 2010
Whilst clearing out my room I found these two photographs pinned to a notice-board. I think they must have been left in direct sunlight for a good year or so as the colour has been altered dramatically, which i thought was rather snazzy. I worked into them with an old biro to create a scratched/etched effect.
I spent the week helping with a Fine Art summer course for teenagers aged 14-16 at AUCB. It was hard work at times but a really rewarding experience, and I even got to try lino cutting for myself on the last day. I experimented with collaging materials into the prints, along with reductive printing techniques. The colour has altered slightly on these scanned versions, but I am really pleased with the results. I intend to develop printing as a method within my practice next year, as it allows me to create a repepated image that I can then work into afterwards, with stitch for example, giving each print a hand rendered quality.